Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To Internet or Not to Internet

A COMPARISON-CONTRAST
KARL BRYAN VINGSON
III LAVOISIER

In our generation, the use of the internet is constantly growing. We use it for communication, leisure, business, homework, research, studies, and even as a journal. Let’s face it; the internet is part of our daily lives. We students depend on the internet for our homework and for researching, but what about the traditional way of doing homework? Actually looking it up on books rather than just googling our homework? Should it be a forgotten pastime?

Doing homework through internet and manual searching both help us get our tasks done. They both provide us knowledge for school and the topic at hand. Both can get us information that we need.

Doing homework by using the internet is quick, easy, and painless. Almost everything you need for your schoolwork is on the internet, but using the internet for our homework increases dependability of the student on the internet. Using the internet for our homework could eventually cause the student to become lazy. Students would depend too much on just copy pasting, which leads to another con of internet, plagiarism. You can find ready made essays and homework all over the internet. Although, some teachers have found ways to detect plagiarized works, this problem is still rampant.

The traditional way of doing homework is still a somewhat effective way to do your homework. Though it may be tiresome it still helps students to understand their homework better. The student is forced to manually search the needed information and copy it themselves on paper. It may be too much work but at least students can understand their lessons better.

There might be many differences and similarities between the two, but they both help us to survive school alive and kicking. It’s just up to us how we should use these two methods for our schoolwork.

1 comment:

  1. As I enter my Elective English class,a strange but familiar face stands out among my classmates. He won't lay his eyes off of me unless im seated.. He is the boy-next-door. The guy next to me. The one who holds my heart.

    I will glance at him from time to time. Give him the sweetest smile and i will say, " i love you so very too much" quietly. He will just nod at me and then I will turn my attention again to my teacher's discussion.

    I really did'nt know how this started. He is just the right guy for me. He understands my tantrums. He scolds me whenever I get myself into trouble. He listens to all the things that I wolud tell him like my life way back eleentary. Most probably, he is the one who can narrate my whole life to the world. He knows exactly how to make me laugh when i refuse to smile. He stays with me very late at night even five in the morning when I cant go sleep. His stares, it is like the phrase, "if looks could kill". He will "kindat" at me and I could do is turn my back on him because I want to hide that big smile on my face. And yes, it is deadly. There is so many things about him that keeps me loving him and lastly .. There is something in my heart tells me I never would have known love if I had never met someone like him.

    Let's admit he is just a boy and Im still a girl but we can get old together. Because he completes my life.

    John Kenneth Laureto Mariano.

    Bestfriend. Brother. Savior.
    Lover. Let us see the next attraction!

    ReplyDelete

 
Bookmark and Share