Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Battle of My Thoughts

A COMPARISON-CONTRAST
MA. ERICKA DURAN
III BECQUEREL

Identity crisis is not new to me. After all, I’m just one of those once in a while lost teenagers of the X generation. I attempted swapping personalities because of the fear not to fit others. Until the time that I had already tried everything I could be. After the entire personality test of my own, I got mixed up with who I really am or who i used to be. I had to spent countless hours thinking before I had realized that I am not only Ericka, that I had accidentally created a split personality.

Akira, the name of my split personality, is actually the inverse of my real name which is Ericka. Akira means evil. Akira is my exact opposite. She is someone dark and gloomy. She has a short temper and likes yelling. She gets annoyed in little matters and a total cynic. I am considered scary when I transform into Akira. I unintentionally hurt people around me because I turn numb and I care less on their feelings. Akira is a vengeful and emotional girl. She is obviously a fighter. She doesn’t know when to accept defeat.

Enough of Akira, Ericka, my real character, is said to be one lovable persona. I am wild and bubbly. Though I have a longer temper than Akira, I am just as noisy as her yells. I love saying my thoughts out loud! I believe in the epicurean philosophy-to live your life to the fullest because you will never know when it’ll end. Classmates like teasing me a lot because they have never seen this side of me to rebel and act so wrathful. Ericka is also a fighter, a fighter of justice that is. I was never hungry for vengeance for I love and have faith in God and I believe he is the only one who has the right to punish humans. Sometimes I get labeled insensitive for being so outrageously happy even though it is not already fitting the current situation. It’s kind of hard to explain… I was never the kind of girl who caresses others when they are down or this sweet girl who greets her girl friends with a peck on their cheeks. I am sometimes referred as a tom boy.

The two of my personalities are both loud, a fighter, a tom boy, kind of numb but actually believes in the morals and ethics. They just differ in the philosophies they believe in, the way they solve problems, their outlook in life, and the way they treat people. Let’s just not do the labeling! Don’t you know random is my middle name. Ericka or Akira, I am still me. One soul, one body, just two minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share