Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THE DAISY THAT BELIEVED IN ME

A CHARACTER SKETCH
CHRISTINE ANNE DE UBAGO
III BECQUEREL

“God is good all the time…”

Every time I pass by Megamall, I see this big LCD screen that says “God is good all the time…” the first person that pops into my mind is Ms. Daisy Gacha – a four-eyed person, often pony-tailed hair, and has this pin that says, (Speak to me in English.” She was my English teacher – an English teacher like no other. She starts her day with a smile and ends it with a smile as well.

As she enters the class, everyone would stand. She always told us to pray spontaneously; but of course, she would never forget her favorite line: “God is good all the time…”

In her class, we are not FREE. She is a strict teacher. She caught me eating for two times, I vandalized her chair and made noise. She would often tell me to shut up and listen. She confiscates things like cellphones and Rubik’s cubes. But the thing that I would never forget was her “freakin’ card.” Yes, it was called “freakin’ card because of me. I vandalized it on the table. We had to speak in English all the time because it was her rule.

Despite all my mistakes and weaknesses, she stood and believed in my abilities. She often made fun of my voice and me. It didn’t bother me at all for the fact that I treated her as a best friend and not as a teacher. Even though I did not believe in my technical abilities, she always told me that I can do it. She still trusted me after I let her down during the Extemporaneous Speaking contest. I was so disappointed because I knew that the trust she gave me might fade away. But I was wrong. She still believed in me and continued inspiring me. She always understands my problems and would support me all the way, except when she let me sing Bleeding Love.

Now that she’s not my teacher, I continue failing my English subject. I feel like I need her and desperately want her to be my teacher again. I always chase her and if I have free time, I chat with her. I tell her my problems just like a best friend does.

Until now, she continues to inspire people like me. She continues to support and believe in each and everyone’s talents. I would never forget the words that would always come out of her mouth, “Christine, I know you can do it!” those words always come into my mind everytime I feel like falling and quitting.

“God is good all the time…”

1 comment:

 
Bookmark and Share