Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THAT VAMPIRE'S OTHER HALF

A CHARACTER SKETCH
Maylene L. Manzano
III-Wilhelm Konrad Roentgen


A 17-year-old girl be in love with an almost perfect but more than centuries old vampire, not to mention be attached to her lover’s family –get the picture? Is it really normal these days? Well, not in my world.

I have been sinking my face into Stephenie Meyer’s best-selling book series for a week or two already. And it just gets better and better as I continue with my reading. But I am not here to blab about how far I have already read or how many books have I already finished reading. Actually, this one may sound kind of out of the ordinary, even beyond my wildest imaginations. Well, maybe not.

The truth is I only decided to read the book because of the almost perfect guy any girl would dream of ending up with, Edward Cullen. But then, when I started sinking my face in the pages of the book, my attention was caught by another person, an ordinary teenager like me. Nothing special in particular, except the fact that she is truly, madly, deeply in love with a vampire.

At first, you might think it is quite silly. Who in their right mind would want a vampire as her boyfriend? Is it not horrible? Scary, perhaps. Surprisingly, that part of her suddenly startled me. Not the part that she is completely insane for loving a vampire. But the side of her that never fails to sacrifice everything just for the sake of love. I had never imagined someone like that would exist, not even in a book.

Even from the start, she loved Edward more than anything else. She was not even terrified that he is a vampire. Despite of Edward’s warnings that he is certainly a dangerous person to be with, she did not took a step back, just like any other person would most probably do. She stayed by his side no matter what. Although that thought made me think that she was kind of stubborn, but it was worth it anyway.

Just for her sake, Edward even left her, leaving a hole in her heart which made her life worse than ever, miserable than before. She had all the right to be furious with Edward, as said by Jacob Black, her surprisingly werewolf best friend. But she did not. She did not even show a hint of dismay towards the man who left her broken. She even saved him from the verge of death. She buried all the pain she had when Edward left and let her vampire be with her again after all the pain he caused her.

It even came to a point that she herself wanted to be one of them, to be a vampire, for her to be with her one and only love for eternity. She chose to leave everything all behind –her family, her friends, and her human self, just to be by Edward’s side. She did not hesitate to give up her soul, to let go of her life, to let her dreams be shattered. The only thing that mattered to her is Edward and nobody else.

Never in a million years will I be able to come across a person like her. I suppose there might be one but I doubt that she would go that far. For the sake of love, she is willing to let everything slip from the palm of her hands. She is more than willing to let go of all her life’s desires and miseries just for love. No other girl can do it like Isabella Marie Swan, that vampire’s other half through eternity, until the world comes to the end of its existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share