Monday, September 15, 2008

A REVIEW: THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO

Aileen Lastrilla Robles
III-Antoine Henri Becquerel
Montresor seeks revenge for the insults Fortunato gave him. Fortunato did not really understand what was happening at first but when he was all chained up, he became aware of his environment.

At first, I did not understand this story because of the words that was used. They were unfamiliar to me. But when I read the summary, I began to understand it. I can not understand that an insult can make you think to murder a friend. Anyways, that is not the topic of the story. The story focuses on the way Montresor murders Fortunato. Montresor’s plan of murder was absolutely perfect because nobody has found out about the murder for years. As for Fortunato, it was really sad to be killed by a friend whom you trusted. But it is also his fault that he was murdered. In my opinion, both sides was wrong in their actions. Fortunato would have not been murdered if he has not insulted Montresor but Montresor’s action of dealing with the problem was not an accurate solution for a noble man. He could have at least talk to Fortunato.A side from the theme of the story, the short story was well written. Every action was well described and stated. I commend the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share