Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LEARNING

AN EXPOSITORY ARTICLE
JOSEPHINE INOCENCIO
III ROENTGEN

Being a student in a prestigious school would definitely confirm that your high school life will be a mess. It would be full of school works; cramming for a test, a 15-minute project and a copy-paste assignment. Sometimes, a critic teacher or a tomorrow-is-the-deadline teacher would handle one of your subjects and you really need to cope up to his class so you will not get failing grades. Yes, pressure is everywhere. But, you’re a high school student so this will mean that friends and acquaintances are also everywhere.

My life as a sophomore student is very exhausting yet exciting. I experienced different problems and trials that made me cry. There were so many things that made my second year life remarkable. We do not have our own rooms and I was a bit chubby before. There were also times that I was called in the Faculty room because I cheated. I eat my “baon” with Katherine during our first break. We were always together. I am happy when I am with her because she is so funny. My second year in Makati Science High School is the last year that I was with him. I was very sad. I was not able to attend the dance night and even his graduation. And yes, I cried a lot.

I am a junior student now, a member of III – Roentgen. I have already been humiliated many times and been hurt. I am still happy, though, with the current section and I am glad that I have some of my old classmates but I do not have Katherine now. I have been talked about without my knowledge and everyone got mad at me. Why? Simple. I cheated. Funny but humiliating. And now, I do not see him as often as before but we still find time to see each other.

My life here as a student is very rewarding. I learned how to be strong and face all the obstacles as long as I can hold back the tears. I also learned how to suppress my emotions so that I cannot hurt others. I learned not to talk because I am scared of what others will say about me. I am scared in this reality, life. And maybe, forever.

One thing is, I learned how to be happy.

1 comment:

 
Bookmark and Share