Monday, November 10, 2008

I Choose You

AN UNEDITED ARTICLE
Beren L. Bello
III-Wilhelm Conran Röentgen
Talking about memorable places in the campus, I think you can name some of them. It can be the past room of your former section. It can be a place where magic happened in your life. It can be a place where you can find your satisfactions in life. Or, it can be a simple, wooden seat with immovable wheels at the side where you and your friends can hang out.

The seat or the kalesa, where I and my friends usually hang out, is my memorable place in Makati Science.

It is called kalesa because it looks like a wooden carriage with no horse available. It has two massive wheels at both sides which are immovable. It can accommodate 3-4 persons to sit at the seat and another 3 at the footrest. It is located beside the pond. It is near the Osias gate and it is located near the Guidance Office and Principal’s Office.

It is strategically placed at the South-East corner of the grounds. From there, you could see the action happening at the grounds at all angles. You could see the people go to the canteen; you could see visitors entering the Osias gate. You can see Ma’am Gonzales at the stage, most importantly; you could see the live action happening on the grounds when it is Intrams. Quite a good advantage than staying in the room.

Kalesa had captured my heart when I was still a freshman. I and my friends spend the whole lunch time here. We had quality times talking to one another. When there is no teacher around, we wanted to go here to find the comfort we need. During the Intrams, we could cheer our hearts out here. During the dance night, we may find rest and relaxation at the kalesa. It had many memories we both share.

Even though it is not comfortable, it is not air-conditioned; it is located near the stinky pond. I still love it! Memories are still more important than my comfort. So, I choose you! Kalesa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share