Monday, November 10, 2008

Missing Somewhere

AN UNEDITED ARTICLE
Annicalou Cruz Tañaquin
III- Ernest Rutherford
If only I could take it back, I would not let myself to be anywhere close to him; I would never let him take a piece of me. If only…

Walking on a long and winding road, I got tired so I decided to sit on a bench. I realized that my goody old sneakers are already untied so I tried to fix them up. When I looked up, suddenly it came to me that I was already lost. Maybe, I am still being chased by my thoughts of him but my mind has already given up. In this place where nobody is around, when nothing can remind me of anything about us, why is that song he played on his guitar perceptible to my ears. You’ve always been my angel but why did I run away from you?

I stood to find anybody near, maybe an ice cream stand or a fishball vendor, but nothing existed. Even a small housefly that tends to bug me is in sight. I have always wondered what will happen to my life if I’m not around you, if you are not beside me. And now, I can feel it, the suffering that I needed to receive just to regain everything we lost. But nothing’s worth it. I checked on my mp3 and tested if it is still working. Unfortunately, I am already low bat.

Walking further, I saw a dolphin… Or maybe not. I know I’m just hallucinating, a dolphin in the pond… Never. I started walking again, I knew that I was missing something but I didn’t care. All I can think about is him, I know I’m making no sense so, I’ll tell you what happened.

He was the guy I have always dreamed of, tall, fair-skinned, good-looking and smart. I was always happy when I’m with him and we never cared about anything except for ourselves. I was mesmerized to the fact that he always brought an umbrella with him so we never got caught in the rain. He is a funny guy, sometimes misunderstood but I’m always here to understand him. I never knew why I did that to him. I will never know why. He never told me what I did wrong. He is always that sensitive guy who only cares about what he feels and never about what the others think.

“Ok” I was awakened by the sound of a car; I never knew someone could ever find me here, maybe not this fast. I was disappointed but when I looked in the mirror, I saw his eyes flicker. I was wrong it is better this way. If I never knew him, I will never realize everything, now I know that he is not just a highly sensitive man but he is a very understanding individual, ready to comprehend my actions, even if I always make mistakes; ready to accept me and start over again. I know, my life is better with him, the guy I loved the most. ñ_ñ

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share