Monday, November 10, 2008

One More Time

AN UNEDITED ARTICLE
Anne Marla SM. Villa
III – Antoine Laurent de Lavoisier
How could have I been so foolish? You made me believe we can last. But all you did was broke my heart.

You were this boy who catches the attention of everyone. You were listening to your MP3 while squeaking your SNEAKERS to and fro. I felt that there was no one else but you and me. You were like an ANGEL that set foot on earth just for my eyes to see. And that was the very moment I fell for you.

At first, I thought you were just a pretty face. But all of those changed when I first heard you play your GUITAR. The sound was so heavenly. I approached you and said “hi!” You just smiled at me. Stood up and went away. I sat there blankly with all the words I wanted to tell you. But I guess it wasn’t the right time for our hearts to meet.

It was a rainy afternoon and classes were cut. I went to my locker to get my UMBRELLA. You were there. You asked if I want ICE CREAM. Very weird. Who would want ice cream at a very cold and rainy afternoon? I did. Just to be with you.

But unfortunately, there was no ice cream. All was left was the FISHBALL VENDOR under the waiting shed. “Let’s dig in?” I guess I can take a few bite. All that matters to me is you, me and the raindrops that keep on falling on the waiting shed’s roof. I’ve always loved the sound of the rain on the roof. But I enjoyed it more when I’m with you. We finished eating and went home. It feels so good to feel your body warmth under the same umbrella. We walked and walked. Along the LONG AND WINDING ROAD we walked sweetly. Oh how I wish this would never end. How I wish that you were mine.

Days had passed and we continue to share sweet moments together. The laughters. The emoness. The pains. You’ve always been the sunshine to me. You’re my rainbow after the rain. But still you’re not mine. And you proved it when you told me the sentence I don’t want to hear.

“I love you…but as a friend.” My world crashed. I’m like a DOLPHIN that drowned. A HOUSEFLY that has been slapped. I felt dead inside. How can you do this to me? I thought what we had was special. I thought we had a special connection. Did we? Or am I the only one who felt it? “I’m so sorry…I just can’t love you.” It’s okay. I won’t cry. At least in a way, you made me feel that I’m special. Just remember, if you need me, I’m always here. I’m here broken but complete. Complete and ready to love you one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share