Wednesday, September 10, 2008

“Will They Choose Me?”

A COMPARISON-CONTRAST
anne marla sm. villa
iii - lavoisier

What is love for you? Pretty hard right? With all those spreading quotes defining love, you just can’t choose which the right one is. For love isn’t there to be defined, it is meant to be felt. Okay, let’s try best friend. How would you define your best friend? The best. Well, duh? But still the definition isn’t enough. No matter how many meanings the dictionary provides, we still couldn’t look for the right and proper one. Why? For we should define it from what our hearts say and what we really feel about it.

Given the situation, when you have to choose between your boy best friend and the boy you love, who would you choose? “My best friend, of course!” That is what others would say. But would that be the same decision they will make once it really happens? I think not. No one can really make the right decision once they are on the verge of letting go and keep holding on. For whatever the decision will be, we just don’t know if it’s right or wrong.

Going back to the situation about the boy best friend and the boy that you love. If I would be asked this question; I may need a month or a year just to think about it thoroughly. Let me see, if I will choose my best friend, am I sure that I’m his best friend also? Or will he be forever by my side? What if he finds some other best friend and leaves me hanging? If the boy I love is the one that I will choose, am I sure that he will love me the way that I love him? What if he leaves in case some other girl way better than me? A lot of thoughts will be circling in my mind once I’m asked this question. The reasons of some are that there is only one best friend in the world and a lot of other boys that you fall in love with. True. But there are also lots of other people that can be the best friend of your best friend. Others would say that you know your best friend very well and he knows you, too. And the boy that you love is just someone that you met and someone that you can easily replace. Good point. But the thing is, whatever the similarities and differences of the two is, you just can’t choose any of them.

So if ever someone asks you the answer for this situation. Think about it. And remember this question, “will they choose me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share